Friday, February 19, 2010

Today is a New Beginning for My Family

Hello. My Name is Michelle Reasons. My husband, Larry and I are fortunate to have 2 beautiful children. My daughter is 7 years old and in the first grade. We just entered our son Atticus in Jr Kindergarten and love the program. But Atticus did not. Atticus likes to sleep in and everyone tells me that he does not listen. He is a wanderer. He takes forever to find "his spot". He favorite people are his parents and his uncle Garry. He has never been a problem child, but he has his quirks. I began a long road to discover what was going on with Atticus. I found that he was not ADD, he was not hearing impaired and he was not having any behavioral issues. So I took him to Occupational Therapy where they advised me to have him tested for Autism. Reluctantly, I called and was shocked that it would be months before they could get us in. So I waited. After not hearing from them in 2 months called back and agreed to participate in genetic research in order to rule out the diagnosis. That day came on Tuesday of this week and they did not rule it out. They confirmed that our precious boy has a form of Autism called Aspergers. Shocked, beyond belief my husband and I asked how to educate our son. Pray with me for God's guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment